Motorcycle Accident Law
A good motorcycle accident lawyer knows that cases come in all shapes and sizes. Motorcycle accident laws are in place to help make full recovery a real possibility for those injured in crashes in Utah. Drivers of all types of motorized vehicles are required to carry liability insurance when traveling on Utah roads. That means that if a driver does cause an accident, his or her insurance will step in and pay for any damages resulting from that accident- up to the limits specified by that driver’s insurance policy. This system is critically important with motorcycles due to the heightened dangers associated with being more exposed to the actions of others. In fact, Motorcyclists are 35 times more likely to experience a deadly accident on the road than those in passenger cars. These accidents result in approximately 5,000 fatalities per year. It’s not that those on motorcycles get in more accidents, they only account for 11% of all roadway accidents in the U.S. It’s just that when they are hit, the gravity of the harm is far worse.
Liability coverage helps those that have been in motorcycle crashes have a full and speedy recovery even when the at-fault automobile driver does not have the money to help the victim pay for his or her medical bills and other related expenses. At McMullin Injury Law, we do our best to ensure that each motorcycle accident victim is fully and fairly compensated.
Motorcycle Accident Law Case Results
The following are a few examples of our recent case results from the St. George area:
- $250,000 –policy limits – client was broad sided by a motor vehicle resulting in multiple injuries to the head, torso, and extremities.
- $125,000 – policy limits – client was a pedestrian who was struck by a motor vehicle resulting in leg injuries.
- $100,000 –policy limits – client was broad sided by a motor vehicle resulting in spinal injuries.
- $100,000 – policy limits – client was a pedestrian who was struck by a motor vehicle resulting in leg injuries.
- $82,500 – client was broad sided by a motor vehicle resulting in back and shoulder injuries.
- $50,000 – policy limits – client was involved in a head on collision resulting in back and shoulder injuries.
- $50,000 – policy limits – client was rear ended resulting in arm and neck injuries.